In case you missed some of our tips on how to use social media... Here they are again:
- Using social media for marketing is an ongoing process. Stay dedicated and people will pay attention!
- It isn't necessary to sign up for all social media platforms. Pick 1 or 2 and be consistent with them - find the one that works best for you!
- Like and follow your favorite galleries, publication, events, and organizations to stay up to date on trends, events, and how you can connect with them.
- Just because people aren't commenting, liking, sharing doesn’t mean they aren’t paying attention.
- Be yourself online! Show followers who you are as a person and as an artist. you are unique!
- Separate your personal and professional profiles. Often these lines can be blurred but use a separate account for your artwork.
- Be respectful of other people's thoughts, comments, & opinions. Like it? Tell them. Otherwise, maybe keep it to yourself - unless it's constructive!
- Promote yourself & your work like crazy. This doesn't mean bombard people 24/7, this just means that YOU should be using YOUR social media to promote YOUR work!
- Friend and follow people who you think would make great professional contacts and then stay connected and up to date with them.
- Are you posting at the right time of day? Gauge the times when you post to ensure the maximum amount of views - check here.
In the coming weeks we will dig deeper on specifics of social media and how it can be used most effectively. Stay tuned...
Bringing the Art (tips) in DC to You,